We were recently made aware of our Employer Obligations raised by the Australian Government in relation to the Corona Virus. We thought it would be in our obligation to share this information with our community.
For the duration the Australian Government considers the coronavirus to be an issue, please:
- Self-isolate for 14 days if you have or intend to travel to certain overseas destinations or been in close contact with anyone confirmed to have the coronavirus.
- The Australian Government currently considers mainland China, South Korea, Iran and Italy to be at higher risk for COVID-19. Prior to travel, please check with https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to ascertain the viability of travel to countries that are considered at risk by the Australian government.
- Be aware of your own duty to take reasonable care for your own and others’ health and safety. This includes ensuring good hygiene practices, such as frequent hand washing, to protect against infections.
- If you suspect you have contracted coronavirus, please seek medical attention for clarification and advise your office as soon as practical.
- Read the attached flyer on Workplace readiness