This piece from one of our Table of Ten, Aine Watkins walks us through What is a Strategic Culture Change?
And Why is it important for the day to day operations of a growing business?
Insights of A Strategic Culture Change
- Knowing and caring about what is truly important to the business clarifies
- what needs to be sustained and the value inherent in the exisiting culture
- Producing a report with an assessment of the current culture is a waste of time as the business needs to be deeply engaged in the process honouring what currently works
- Ultimately shifts happen within the day to day operation of the business because it is the consultants role to guide and design interventions, not to lead them
- Get in touch today to explore the strategic questions you currently face and how culture change may support your business
Typical Offering from Aine Watkins
We work with you to link your strategic questions to your existing and new culture.
We then support you to gather a group of stakeholders together who have a vested interest in the outcome.
With your key stakeholders we gather rich, qualitative data to develop a culture framework of the existing and new culture using intuitive presence combined with a sophisticated matrix of assessment lenses (e.g spiral dynamics, systemic patterns, lines of development, etc)
Together we design a series of interventions to be conducted by stakeholder groups within the business to move to the new culture.
After delivering a series of interventions stakeholder groups gather data to assess how well the new culture is being lived and how it’s supporting the strategic direction.
- Moving the culture from enrolment in the vision to a whole hearted commitment to a bigger more audacious purpose, grounded in the business reality
- Developing a culture which is genuinely tolerant of failure and open to experimentation where new ideas, innovation and prototyping naturally emerge
- Moving from being suspicious of difference to recognising its value and embracing it at all levels
‘Strategic Culture Change’ Article written by Aine Watkins